Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wearing it Wednesday - Party Pants

I always get scared when I notice a pants trend, I like to wear trends a much as the next person but pants are my Achilles heel. I just find them so hard to wear on my body shape!
 This season I bring you Party Pants. And as far as I can see there are no rules!
 
 The general idea being wearing statement pants instead of a cocktail or party frock, like Alexa front row at House of Holland NYFW.
The trend is definitely towards printed and cropped pants like these Tory Burch ones
or these ladies snapped at NYFW by Harper's Bazaar
Metallics are also high on the hip list like these from Matthew Williamson Fall 2012 Ready To Wear collection
Leather gets a look in as well
Prada did some colour blocking
 The Party Pants trend ran headlong into the mixed prints trend at Prada Fall 2012 RTW
Colour, texture or print and confidence seem to be key to this trend. It certainly isn't for beginners. So am I on board with the Party Pants?
I feel like I have mastered Level 1 - the coloured, cropped pant
 For the next degree of difficulty I had a crack at these sequined pants. Yes sequined pants, there really was a party on my legs.
I haven't gone all out Party Pants but I am going to keep an eye out for a good tailored, printed, cropped pant - wish me luck! Are you going to be wearing Party Pants too?

L
xx

5 comments:

  1. I am going to be keeping my eyes out for some printed pants in the next few weeks. I too am unsure if I can pull them off so I might start basic with a darker print before I venture into colourful pattern. I've got some block colour pieces I enjoy but prints is a whole new ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party pants look interesting and fun on the tall and slender - really liked the ones with tiny swans, and the soft floral too. Something to consider. Look forward to results of your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those sequined pants!
    Love party pants in general... pyjama, cropped, sequined, coloured.
    I've got a pair of fluro coral ones on their way to me right now, God knows why I want such bright pants with Winter looming... but I do!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I think I'd have to do a nice black and white check or stripe. I'm not all that into the bright coloured thing, reminds me of a pair of bright orange ones I had 12 years ago which were likened to council workers orange pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pants used to be my staple but not these days. I've pared back considerably and now only own a few pairs. The bright party pants trend is not for me but I can see many a young lady rocking this style.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...